Moritz's Blog

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Well, to be quite honest, I feel like the beginning of the year has gotten away from me. Missing the first 21C meeting has made me feel, well, lost. I haven't blogged (obviously), and it seems as though I am wrapped up in so many other things. I am glad Link Crew activities have started to settle down and it will be nice to get back to the swing of things.

Having a laptop classroom for my electives has been incredible. Yesterday was the first day that we got to use the laptops and when the students all opened them up and started working, I had a moment of awe. How transforming it is to have those technologies available in the classroom. I was very excited, to say the least. Many of my students had experienced a laptop classroom, so they weren't nearly as enamored as I was; however, those students who had never been in a laptop classroom seemed just as excited as I was.

I'll admit, I have had moments of paranoia. I have questioned (just ask Karl) just about everything. I have worried about things I have no control over. I have started fires (just little sparks). But so far, every thing is going well. Students, as well as myself, are getting quite comfortable with those little laptops and the amazing thing...they are actually writing more...so far. We'll see.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Karl Fisch said...

What's the quote Marlys is always saying, something about the lighting of a fire . . . perhaps you are taking your literature a little too literally :-)

Transformation is certainly what we're shooting for, but give it some time. There will be two steps forward and sometimes 1.8 steps back. But keep the faith, we'll get there.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger bkitch said...

We just got a classroom set of laptops to share in the World Language Department and I am so excited to integrate them. Any tips you've learned the hard way would be great! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home