Moritz's Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2006

In response to last week's inservice...

I liked listening to what other people were doing in their classrooms and I felt like I was not alone in my struggle with changing to a more constructivist style of teaching. I think the information we recieved about blogs and unitedstreaming was a little redundant, but for people who have never done it before, I'm sure it was very helpful.

Although I thought the large group discussion was important and beneficial, I can't help but think that some people in the group probably had something to say, but may have been a little intimidated. Obviously, I don't have trouble voicing my opinions in a situations like that, but I'm sure others were quite uncomfortable. Perhaps if we met in a large group initially, and then allowed everyone to break off in smaller groups, some much needed conversation and feedback could occur. At the end of the day when we met with mentors in small groups, I joined another group and felt like the discussion was much more meaningful for me and others.

Other than that, I feel like the time was well spent. I hope that the planning team knows that we appreciate all that you do. It is just a little overwhelming to wrap our arms around everthing.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Thanks for the feedback. We will often break into smaller groups for discussions, but felt like for this particular discussion, everyone needed to hear the same thing - and hopefully would feel comfortable participating. We'll keep on working at it . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home