Moritz's Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fishbowl/Liveblog/Pink/AWNM/Thoughts

We finally have something to celebrate. SUCCESS! Yippee!

After three weeks of discussing, analyzing, questioning, arguing, and bringing random ideas into our fishbowl/liveblog discussions on the senses mentioned in Daniel Pink's book A Whole New Mind, I feel like we have finally gotten beyond the surface level and broken through to a much deeper level of thinking.

Prior to today, I was frustrated and sometimes angry. Why couldn't they get it? Some students had diligently prepared to lead discussion, only to be met with dribble when it came to responses. Some of the discussion leaders had come ill prepared, which had lead to a (let's face it) bad discussion. We had made some very scary comparisons when it came to Story, and our discussion with the author on Design went technically well, but lacked depth.

But finally, today, both hours were impressive and delightful to be a part of. I have faith that my students are finally looking beyond the text and really starting to think of the implications of the ideas presented in the book. Hopefully we will continue down this road and dig deeper into what this all means.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Na Hello good day to you!

I’ve read your blog and find it very much interesting. Can you do me a favor? Can I ask you to post my link in your blogroll/sidebar? In return with that I’ll write an article for you which are related to your blog. In this way, we both can benefit since there would probably more visitors in your blog and mine as well. It would be my pleasure if you will accept my request. Thanks in advance!

Keyword: Study Languages
URL: http://www.study-languages.com

Best regards,
Audrey Morales

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger sada said...

謝謝您囉~~很好的經驗分享! .................................................................

 

Post a Comment

<< Home